[ivory-search id=”8947″ title=”Custom Search Form”]
The Competence Center in Digital Law has been created through a project funded by the program “Scientific information: access, treatment and safeguarding” by swissuniversities; the Center is the result of a collaboration between the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), University of Basel (UNIBAS), University of Neuchâtel (UNINE), University of Geneva (UNIGE), and the Conference of Swiss Libraries (CBU-KUB).
Goal of the Competence Center is to support Swiss Higher Education Institutions (teachers, researchers and staff of libraries, IT services, law services and administration) in dealing with legal questions in relation with the digitalization process and the use of new media and technologies and raise Awareness of legal risks. In a first moment the center concentrates on the topic of COPYRIGHT. Gradually other topics will be added, especially DATA PROTECTION and PRIVACY, LICENSING AGREEMENTS, etc. privacy and data protection, licensing agreements, etc.
CCdigitallaw offers different kinds of online resources (FAQs, detailed REFERENCE TEXTS that explain the applicable law, CASE STUDIES), a wide range of TRAINING OFFERS and a customized ADVISING SERVICE.
The knowledge base is continuously enriched with new contents gained from questions received by the center and the corresponding answers. In this way a knowledge pool is created and made available to all Swiss Higher Education Institutions.
The knowledge base, the training offer and the advising service are available in FOUR LANGUAGES: English, German, French, and Italian.
Different COLLABORATORS are involved in the project, coming from different disciplines and contributing with different competences:
- in the law field: lic. iur. Marcello Baggi, Prof. Bertil Cottier (USI – Institute of Public Communication) and Suzanna Marazza (USI – eLearning Lab), Yves Bauer – MLaw and Prof. Vincent Salvadé (UNINE); furthermore, dr. Yaniv Benhamou (UNIGE), Ass. Prof. Daniel Hürlimann (Università di San Gallo) and RA Dr. Matthias Seemann have contributed as external experts.
- Past collaborators:ass. iur. Romy Daedelow, lic. iur. Danielle Kaufmann (UNIBAS) and Melanie Graf – MLaw (UNIBAS)
- in the field of eLearning: dr. Pierre-Yves Burgi (UNIGE), dr. Anna Picco-Schwendener, dr. Stefano Tardini, Selene Gervasoni and Branislava Trifkovic (USI – eLearning Lab)
- Past collaborators: Bineta Ndiaye Mbaye and Elsa Sancey (UNIGE), Laura Libertino (USI – eLearning Lab)
- the technical management of the platform is guaranteed by Goran Josic (USI – eLearning Lab);
- the business model of the Center is being developed by Umberto Bondi (USI – CP StartUp).
For any request, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com